Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Days 8, 9 & 10: Metallic, Rainbow, and Gradient #31DC2014

Hi, Ladies!

I'm going to show you three manis today. I feel like I'm so behind blogging that I want to catch up on here.

For the metallic prompt, I just did simple stamping using Essie Armed and Ready as base, and Penny Talk as the stamping polish, with Pueen Image Plate SE04A. (I got my Essies from Polish Please PH.)  Of course, I used Seche Vite Top Coat

I liked how Armed and Ready has gold undertones.  Penny Talk was my second choice for stamping.  I tried to use Buy Me A Cameo but it wasn't opaque enough to be seen over the base.

For the rainbow prompt, I decided to use pastel colors from the Paris In Love Collection (Color Club) which I bought from Polished In The Cityadded Hello Kitty sticker, and Seche Vite Top Coat.




My application of the top coat was a bit sloppy, so I apologize for the bubbles.

For the gradient prompt, I was finally able to recreate (and murder) Kristin's mani.  I used Lofes 114, Girl Stuff Forever Sophia and Color Club Fondue For Two for the gradient, then some acrylic paints for the "flowers."  Oh, and I used Girl Stuff Forever's Matte Magic for topper.  (And Mom, if you're reading this, this mani is for you, because I LOVE YOUUUUUU.  I know you'll say these are pretty because you love me, toooooo.)




I know, I know, I suck at anything related to art.  I cannot, for the life of me, paint a proper flower.  So here are my pretend-flowers.  You may look at them from afar and see the illusion of flowers.  Maybe I should ask my Daddy Jessie for some one-on-one tutorial, but then again, I'm a hopeless case.

Give me a break. :(  

Ciao!!

Jamie

1 comment:

  1. Hello!! Thank you for spamming me earlier lol!!
    I LOVE your designs very much!! The metallic one is so cool and the poodles are super cute!!!
    I can't believe you call yourself hopeless! Look at those flowers, they look absolutely beautiful!! I think you are a GREAT painter!!!!!
    Oops! Getting long, sorry :p Looking forward to your future posts <3xx

    ReplyDelete