Saturday, April 12, 2014

BK Holo Swatch, Seophora OPI Blasted, and Two Other Designs

Hi there, ladies!

Instagram has timed out in my end of the world so I'm updating here.  

When I went to the Filipinails EB last early Feb., I bought some BK Holo polish to give to my friends because it was on sale.  Not everyone was able to come to the EB so I was left with two extra bottles.  I saw @ejnails use hers a few days back, I got curious and swatched it myself.





What can I say? Not bad for such cheap polish!  I can't believe I got them for the price I did.  I don't think you can get them for that anywhere else!  If you're interested, head on to Beauty Kingdom.  Check if they have stocks left because it's a great deal!!!

And on to the next one.

 I used Lofes 114 for the white base and OPI Fiercely Fiona for the yellow (ring finger) base.  Now when the Shattered / Blasted craze was still on, I got a few bottles of them, and my lovely friends and sister gave me a whole bunch more.  But until now, I can't put them to good use because the texture it gives grosses me out.  So I went on to try again if my reaction's changed over the years.  On pinkie and index, Sephora by OPI Electric Blue Blasted.  On ring, Sephora by OPI Opalescent, and this was a total fail.  On middle, Sephora by OPI Blasted Turquoise Glitter.  Give me a few more months and maybe I will be able to muster the "courage" to try this again.

After that, I tried to recreate adelislebron 's design.

So in love with her design.  I used Zoya Pippa for the yellow base, and Lofes 114 for the white, Acrylic Paint for the black & gray colors, then Seche Vite top coat.

Now this, I was going for a good gradient, but I still couldn't perfect it, that's why I placed on an "Elegant Swirl" design, which, of course, was another big fail.  I mean, check it out:

 Elegant = sophisticated, but my drawing hand was too heavy and I couldn't make my swirls thin. :( Oh well.  Anyway, I used Sally Hansen Man-go Team! and Deborah Lippmann Between the Sheets for the gradient.  Acrylic paint for the black, and Seche Vite top coat.

Maybe tomorrow I will do some swatching for my untrieds. :)  Ahhh, that is the goal.

Ciao!

Love you long time,

Jamie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment